Friday, August 1, 2008

Baking Bread

I guess it doesn't take much to bake bread; if you own a bread machine, it'd just be like cooking rice using an electric rice cooker. Of course, if you want to make life difficult, you can always try and cook Nasi Beriani Gam Johor the authentic way - some might find the resulting dish is worth all the tedious work.
Quite similarly, some might find the process of making bread is itself fascinating hence they prefer hands on. The sweet aroma of fermenting sugar, the satiny feel of worked dough, the rise, can easily turn into your latest addiction. And who can resist the smell of a bread baking in the oven...
My association with bread making began soon after I hung up my uniform. I've always fancied breads but never really had the motivation to go beyond buying them. Now I got the time and my 4 bakery regulars and that kind of sets me perpetual.

No comments: